- Shop your loan. A small interest rate savings can result in a significant savings. An example: You’re buying a $500,000 home. A 1/4% savings on your $400K mortgage loan’s interest rate can save over $20,000 over the term of a 30-year loan.
- Do your own searches for your new home, but also let a realtor search for it, which will enhance your chances of finding the perfect home for you at the best price.
- When you make an offer on a home, start low and be prepared to justify your low offer. Remember your lender will have an appraisal done, and the appraisal will be based on comparable current sales. Don’t pay more than the current market.
- Ask the seller to pay for your closing costs in your negotiation. It will save you thousands of dollars in cash.
- Have a home inspection done on the home you are buying. If there are any defects requiring repairs, they will be revealed. Hopefully, the seller will agree to pay for them.
- Shop for your homeowner’s insurance for your new home. You will be paying at least one year’s premium at your closing. Don’t just accept the insurance policy that your lender or the title company chooses. You may be able to find a better or comparable policy with a lower premium.
- Use The Pro Agent Group throughout your purchasing process of your home. They will help you with all of the money saving tips listed above, and their services are FREE for you. Their fees will be paid by the seller.
The Pro Agent Group – Professionalism and Integrity